Project Indonesia Moving Forward in 2011

Our project targeting a specific unreached people is getting ready to move forward this year. Our Missionary, Troy Allen (Pseudonym for security purposes) is planning first steps this year. Here is a recent update from Troy on our status in launching the project with this people.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Hello to all my friends and family,

Thank you so much for your support of helping advance the kingdom at the edges. (Due to security concerns, I do not use my full name, agency identifiers, people group names or specific locations.)


I am excited to be writing my first update letter. There is much to catch you up on. I transitioned from owner/operator of a Paint contracting company to full-time mission preparation. YAY! This marks the first time in my life to live solely on an income of personal donations, and that’s an adventure. Thank you for your support, prayers and generous gifts.

News:

Recently graduated with my Masters degree in Cross-Cultural Studies from Fuller Theological Seminary.

Currently residing in Paducah, Kentucky, after three years at the U.S. Center for World Missions in Los Angeles.

Started a company for business experience, now selling it.

Learned a lot from a conference about Jesus in the Quran.

Attended another Muslim evangelism conference.

Began raising much-needed financial and prayer support. (Again, thank you to all who have given this year.)

I started a painting company in February. with a friend of mine Louis Rosa, who needs your prayer. In May he was in a terrible automobile accident that left him a paraplegic. Louie (as I call him) has limited use of his arms and can only slightly move his left leg. The doctors said, “If he walks again it's between him and God.” That’s great news because nothing is impossible through Him! Please pray for Louie and his family; he is married and has a three-year-old daughter. Let's pray this man back on his feet literally!

Where I’m Headed:
In 2008 I took a 40-day trip to Southeast Asia, carrying out an ethnographic survey of a remote people group in Indonesia. This was part of a graduation requirement for Fuller Seminary as well as a serving a need of my local agency. Our missions agency has identified and adopted this unreached people group, commiting to reach them for our Savior. The 2008 trip served as the initial contact with the people. As a part of this journey I also ventured over to the Island of Borneo. Many people are unaware of a small M*slim kingdom located there. Since I was in the area on my Indonesian research trip, I stopped in for a four day “vision trip," praying if God would have me minister to the people here on a full-time basis.

Borneo will be the first stepping off point for language and culture learning. After a few years there, we will be able to more effectively minister to the targeted group in Indonesia with a new team. When I first heard of the possibility of joining this new team I was all ears and very excited. A good friend asked me to join this team, and I was honored that he asked. I tell you I hardly needed to be convinced; as he was speaking I just knew this was the door I was praying for.

You see, in Borneo they speak nearly the same language as Indonesia and their cultures are very near to one another. It's the ideal place to learn language and develop a ministry and business model and figure out how to find some semblance of “fitting in” in this new culture. I asked my friend a lot of questions; I asked many questions to his agency and approached my agency with the prospect. The verdict is that Brunei is a great fit in helping me learn and grow as a “sent one” to this part of the world. I have been pointing myself and my life in that direction ever since. My friend has already deployed to Brunei, and I hope to join him and his family as soon as possible.

Everything is in place. The only thing holding me back is funding.

Prayer Points:

Open door into the Southeast Asian kingdom in Borneo. The whole team needs business visas.

Safety for the 7-team members already in place and awaiting my arrival.

Favorable connections with locals. Ask the Lord to show us "People of Peace," those influential community leaders who can help us present the Gospel.

That my support level would reach 100% soon. I'm currently at 20%. Please pray about regular monthly support. I need 36 monthly supporters at $100 per month.


The Sum Up:
In June, I'm planning on attending candidate school...a critical training time for new missionaries. Hoping to launch out in September 2011. If you haven’t already, you will most likely be getting a call about regarding monthly financial support. Thank you all for your prayers and support – it means more to me than you know.

"...behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord" (Luke 2:10-11)

Peace on Earth and goodwill to men - Peace and blessings to you in this joyous season, MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Troy



Send Donations To
WME
P.O. Box 790
Benton, KY 42025


Contact Us:
WME
220 Pugh Rd
Paducah, Kentucky 42003


Dear Reader, Please consider becoming a supporter of Project Indonesia. Join in prayer for a breakthrough with these unreached peoples.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Stages of a Disciple Making Movement

The Holy Spirit and Disciple Making Movements

Non-Cessationist Sola Scriptura: The Theology of CPM