2016: The Year Of The Vision

Each year, as the current year ends and the New Year approaches, I try to spend time hearing from the Holy Spirit an emphasis for the coming year.  This year it was while I was in Mexico with the Amigos de Fe ministry and in the week after returning to the U. S. from there, that I believe I heard a special direction from the Lord for the coming year of 2016.  This word, this theme, this emphasis will direct the prayers, work, strategy, and energy of WME during this New Year.

I believe that the word "VISION" was emphasized to me as a focal point for 2016.  So for World Missions and Evangelism, and especially for our INSTAR project in Latin America, I am calling this New Year "The Year of The Vision". 

While I was in Mexico with the Amigos de Fe ministry, led by Denzil and Rebeca Hood, longtime friends of mine, the seed was planted.  Brother Denzil spoke to me several times about the vision that their ministry had, and I sensed that it was the very same vision that we at WME call the INSTAR vision.  More about the specifics of the Vision later.

But during my time there, Brother Denzil would say things like, we want to walk in the Vision, and there is protection in the Vision.  Those words began to sink into my mind and spirit, and during the following week after I was back home the Holy Spirit brought them back to my mind.  I felt like the Spirit impressed on me that Brother Denzil was giving me a prophetic word....and that it was a word especially for this coming year (and beyond). 

Already I had been talking about what I am calling 2020 Vision for WME and the INSTAR project.  I'm focusing on the Year 2020, just 5 years from now.  We have already shared with supporters recently about this vision and here is what we are talking about:

BY THE END OF THE YEAR 2020, OUR GOAL IS TO SEE THE BEGINNINGS OF CHURCH PLANTING DISCIPLE MAKING MOVEMENTS IN EVERY NATION AND TERRITORY OF GREATER LATIN AMERICA.  THAT INCLUDES ALL 21 NATIONS OF THE MAINLAND, FROM THE TOP OF MEXICO TO THE TIP OF SOUTH AMERICA.  IT ALSO INCLUDES THE 28 NATIONS AND TERRITORIES OF THE CARIBBEAN AND THE ATLANTIC ISLANDS, AND THE HISPANIC POPULATIONS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA....TOUCHING 51 NATIONS AND TERRITORIES ALTOGETHER. 

Our vision is to see the beginnings, even if in seed form of the same kind of movements that the INSTAR project is currently seeing in Honduras, where there are nearly 2,800 groups and churches as a result of the work begun since 2008. 

But The Vision goes beyond this.  By 2025, our goal is to see these movements multiply to the point of reaching every unreached people group, and unreached region in Greater Latin America.  Make no mistake, this is not something that we, that is WME can do....but it is something that God can do and it is something that I am absolutely convinced God wants to do.  You see, this Vision is not really my Vision, nor is it really the WME Vision......it is God's Vision.  That is to say, there is absolutely no doubt that God wants all of the unreached in Latin America to be discipled and to become obedient followers of Jesus Christ.  While the dates are a goal that we are setting (not a prophecy of when it will be done) the substance of bringing Closure to the Great Commission in Greater Latin America is definitely God's Vision.

Jesus said  "Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,  and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
Jesus Prophesied " And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come."

This is The Vision for Greater Latin America, the Vision of Jesus, the reason He shed his blood.

So 2016 is the Year of The Vision.  In 2016 we are going to be asking the question, What will it take to see this Vision come to pass?  What are the new doors that need to be opened?  What are the new ways we have to pray?  Who are the partners that will be instrumental in The Vision?  What new strategies, tactics, and resources will be needed?  

I hope that you as the reader of this blog will consider becoming a vital part of seeing this Vision become reality.  Let us know how you would like to partner and be a part of the Miracle that God will do as we step forward boldly in 2016!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Stages of a Disciple Making Movement

The Holy Spirit and Disciple Making Movements

Non-Cessationist Sola Scriptura: The Theology of CPM