Good Reports from 3 Regions of the World

It is a great joy to get good reports from around the world as we see God's work advancing.  Here are some excerpts and highlights from the 3 regions where WME missionaries are working toward Church Planting Movements and Disciple Making Movements:

1.  Indonesia Region:  Troy and Tracy Allen are in the Indonesia Region and are making a great adjustment to the new culture.  Their deployment is the fruition of many years of prayer and work and as they have been getting settled we are excited to see what God is doing through them in this new region of work.  They are making connections and laying groundwork for future Disciple Making Movements!

2.  Botswana, Africa:  WME missionaries, Michael and Heather Walker are training and empowering people to begin new DBS groups and make disciples using Discovery Bible Studies and the Megavoice players.  Michael recently had an injury to his triceps and is recovering from surgery.  The weekend before his surgery, he made a trip to a village area where the Megavoices are deployed.

 Here is part of his report:
Last Saturday, I was scheduled to travel to a village to check and see how the audio-discipleship program was going there, and to train others on how to use the program. On Friday, I met with my physical therapist, who advised me to cancel the trip to the bush, stating that the extra activity could do more damage to my arm and cause the severed muscle to retract even more. On Saturday morning, a friend phoned me and
advised me not to go. I thought about it and prayed about it. That is when I was flooded with the thoughts of what the bomb victims of Boston must be going through. I thought of the family that lost their 8 years old son, who was killed, and whose daughter lost both of her legs, and the the mother who suffered brain damage. I also thought of the others who lost their lives and were injured. I then considered all the people who lost their lives and were injured in the explosion that happened in the town of West, Texas. My thoughts then turned to the many people all around the world who are suffering and dying without knowing
Christ. My heart ached for all of them.! That is when I was reminded of why we are here. Our world is in a desperate state. Our world needs hope, purpose, and peace. This can only be found in Christ. Throughout the years, there have been countless people that have given their lives for the sake of those who do not have this Hope, Purpose and Peace in Christ.!

I then decided that I must go. I must continually make my life about being God’s vessel to bring Hope to the hopeless. I confessed my self-centeredness and surrendered my life, once again, to my God. I recruited Judah and Josiah (my sons) to take me to the village, just in case there were any vehicle issues that I shouldn’t be dealing with. As I was training, teaching and praying for all of those precious people, it was confirmed. I made the right decision. Several of these precious people testified of the change that has taken place in their lives and in their village. They shared about the hope they now have in Jesus. They also shared their desire to let their family and friends and other villagers know Him as well. This is our purpose: to know God and make Him known. To give our lives, to invest our lives, our possessions, our finances and our hearts in the lives of friend and strangers - to advance God’s Kingdom - no matter the cost. Our world needs Christ! As I am writing all of this, and confessing my sins of self-centeredness to the Lord, there was a passage that was placed on my heart. I would like to close this letter with it:

Psalm 51:6-15

Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice. Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you. Deliver me from blood guiltiness, O God, O God of my salvation, and my tongue will sing aloud of your righteousness. O Lord, open my lips, and my mouth will declare your praise.

After meeting with the people; as I was preparing to leave the village, I asked a question to one man who is illiterate and was given the mega-voice to use for discipleship. I asked him about how many people he is discipling using this program. I was startled with his answer. His answer was “about 100”. Most of the people you see in the photos are just a portion of the people he has been discipling. We gave 10 of them their own Mega-voice and trained them how to use the device to start discipling others.
God’s Kingdom is advancing. Our goal is simple. It is not to make scholars of the Word but followers of Christ, obedience based discipleship.

3.  Honduras and Latin America:  The Honduran Team has conducted 4 training events since December.  They have trained in San Nicolas, Palacios, El Salvador, and Tegucigalpa.  Nearly 240 new potential CPM leaders have been trained for the first time in these events.   In May a training is planned in Guatemala, and in June a training is planned for the area of Danli in Honduras.  In the Tegucigalpa training there were people who came up from Colombia in South America.  Our prayer is that in all of these areas people will put the training into use and that hundreds of new Disciple Making DBS groups will form....leading thousands to follow Christ.

We have just received the new updated report from Honduras.  In this Report there are 228 new churches and 55 Discovery Bible Studies...a net increase of 44 churches and 17 overall groups since November!  Many are coming to faith and being baptized in Honduras.  At one gathering on Easter Sunday, 52 people were baptized in the river and over 2000 believers attended....1800 of them were new believers from the new churches and groups!

These are some of the great reports were are receiving!  This really is the year of Open Doors and WME is seeing potential and actual Disciple Making Movement progress in : Indonesia Region, Botswana, Honduras, El Salvador, Colombia, and Guatemala!  Praise to the Lord of the Harvest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7 Stages of a Disciple Making Movement

The Holy Spirit and Disciple Making Movements

Non-Cessationist Sola Scriptura: The Theology of CPM